Saturday, November 29, 2008

"The rain is very important, because that's when Paris smells its sweetest."

This is my new painting table. I love it so much! It's so good to have all the things I need laid out for me. Things that were once hard to get to and packed away in boxes, like artists tape, are now neatly set out in little baskets and containers on the table. 
Tonight, I painted with tea and Sabrina. I think my favorite part is when Audrey Hepburn describes why rain is so crucial to a first date in Paris. And not just a drizzle, but a downpour. 
And...I dyed my hair for the first time in my life! It's a much darker brown now. It might be hard to tell from this picture, but that is okay. :)
I hope you all had a wonderfullll Thanksgiving and are having a nice holiday weekend! 
Love,
Amanda
p.s. - I'm trying really hard not to overload you on quotes from "The Time Traveler's Wife," but I of course loved this little observation of Clare from Henry:
"When the woman you live with is an artist, every day is a surprise. Clare has turned the second bedroom into a wonder cabinet, full of small sculptures and drawings pinned up on every inch of wall space...It's beautiful."
:)

No comments: