Friday, November 6, 2009

strawberry coconut morning

Last night my roommate got home from a trip to Japan, and he brought me back these beautiful Japanese brush pens and a woodblock stamp carved into a flower!! Above is my sketchbook page where I tested out the pens and stamp. 
Yes, the lady at the bottom is singing Paparazzi by Lady Gaga. Rachel and I were talking about how much we like Lady Gaga last night. The video for Paparazzi was made like a short film. It's a little disturbing, but it reminds me of a modern take on Porphyria's Lover by Robert Browning.
Right now I am working and watching Shop Girl again. :) Today was fairly warm, so I took advantage of it and wore tights under shorts and got coconut-strawberry ice cream for breakfast on my walk home from errands. I figured there won't be many more fairly warm days! Tonight I'm going to make rosemary salmon for dinner! I hope you're all having a good start to your weekends!
xoxox Amanda

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful gift from your friend.
I still have new brushes I haven't used yet, maybe now that I have my painting table set up and a new scroll saw, I can make some things for christmas.

Debbie

rachel_jackson said...

not that im comparing lady gaga remixes right now or anything.
....

Carol Jeandel said...

I thinks Japan image It 's a good place of the culture of the image for Artist for Their work ... to find it .