Friday, February 10, 2012

The Drawing Room: studies in repetition

I will be having a show, "The Drawing Room: studies in repetition," at Voltage Coffee & Art in Cambridge! The show will feature some new work, a lot of sketchbook work, all my ladies as prints, and another old-fashioned photobooth installation for picture taking.
Cambridge is very special to me and I feel honored to be having a show within its city limits. I lived in Cambridge all 4 years of college, and it was home to two of my favorite poets: e. e. cummings and T. S. Eliot. I still love wandering its neighborhoods. There is an old, mysterious feeling of regality that hangs in the air there. This show is, in a way, going to pay an homage to all of these things. And so I began with these two paintings:
"kept by poetry"
"kept by research"
both are acrylic on 9x12" masonite.
--
The opening will be Friday March 9th from 7-10 pm.
The show will be up from March 5th through April 14th.
I'd also like to thank Craft Corners for featuring me in their Best of the Web series! I think a lot of you will love their site - they share a lot of DIY projects and amazing artists/makers. 
I hope you all have a beautiful weekend! What are you up to?

1 comment:

A Painted Journey said...

I'm positively smitten with your newest creations, honey!! Oh my gosh, I absolutely love their sweet expressions!!... Love, Mummy