Tuesday, July 31, 2012

morning inspiration: cats, paints, and picture books

I had a wonderful morning breakfast with my amazingly talented friend Julia Denos yesterday. Every time we have a meeting like this, I come home so inspired and full of ideas and ready to paint. 
We went to Cafe Crema, followed by The Curious George Store (where Julia had a spontaneous signing of the books!), and Black Ink.
Julia signing her illustrated books at Curious George.
At Black Ink, I fell in love with Blexbolex's "Seasons," full of prints depicting pieces of spring, summer, fall, and winter. I brought it home.
 I spent the afternoon listening to Billie Holiday and painting with Unicorn. :)
I hope you're all having a beautiful week! Back soon with more paintings.
xo, Amanda

1 comment:

A Painted Journey said...

Oh my gosh, Unicorn is so cute! haha So glad you had a great time. As you can see, blogger is finally letting me leave comments :)