I'm going to my friend's for a Seder dinner tomorrow night, and I made this pie to bring!
This is the second time I've made this pie and I really love the outcome. I use the bones of this recipe with a few improvisations.
You will need:
-1 9" pie dish
-1 9" pie dish
-1 package blackberries
-1 package blueberries
-1 package raspberries
-1 package strawberries
-1 pack semi-sweet dark chocolate chips
-about a quarter stick of butter
-1 1/2 tsp cinnamon sugar
-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
-1 cup sugar
-2-pack Pilsbury 9" pie crusts
1) Chop strawberries. Wash blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries and let dry.
2) Mix cinnamon-sugar, sugar, and flour. Add in about half the butter, using fork to divide into smaller pieces/create a crumble effect.
3) Line bottom of pie dish with one crust, folding it over the edges of the dish.
4) Use about 1/3 of the cinnamon-sugar/sugar/flour mixture to cover the bottom crust.
5) Fill the crust with the berries, layering chocolate chips throughout.
6) Add a few drops of vanilla extract to top of pie filling.
7) Pour a little more than 1/3 of cinnamon-sugar/sugar/flour mixture evenly over pie filling.
8) Cover pie with top crust, pressing top edges into bottom crust edges. Cut eight 1/2" slits with knife. (Add drawings with toothpick :)
9) Melt rest of butter and mix remaining cinnamon-sugar/sugar/flour mixture into liquified butter. Use to baste top crust.
10) Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes.
I hope you all have a beautiful week! Back soon with more art.