Wednesday, July 25, 2007

take me to another time.

As you may or may not know, I am a big fan of anything with an aura strong enough that it can transport me to another place and time. Lately, for me, it's been Rasputina. This band combines costume and image with a very unique orchestra sound which takes me back to several different kinds of places, actually. Sometimes their music makes me feel it's the goldrush in some bungalo, other times they remind me of that 1920s obsession people seemed to have with fairies. My favorite song is Fox in the Snow because it reminds me of a painting I did. Other titles are quite fetching, like "Hunter's Kiss", but the lyrics aren't as peaceful as you might hope. All beautiful, though, and rich with imagery, just from the sounds of the instruments alone. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I am on the first painting of a new series of three, one I've had planned all summer. Pictures will be revealed when it is done. Until then, I hope to post some sketchbook pages and little things. Good day to you all! Love, Amanda

No comments: