Wednesday, July 4, 2007

you were the sky, you were a firefly.

Junior year has ended. Actually, I'm well into the summer at this point. I spend my days earning money by taking care of two wonderful children (a boy who I've babysat for about a year and a half and his new step sister) on their 30 acre farm along with 2 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 also new rascal-type older brothers who do not need my assistance. All 4 kids are amazing and I'm certain this is the best job I've ever had. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
(Ely altering a pre-existing boat. He builds things from scratch/renovates old things on a daily basis.) While my laptop still does not have wireless, I am able to get what few hundred pictures I have on my camara chip onto my mom's computer/use her scanner, so I have the super power of being able to show you SOME of my work right now. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
a couple of sketchbook pages. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This is a painting I did for a friend in the spring (sorry the edges are a little cut off on the left). A conversation we were having about Lewis Carol's photography turned to Mark Twain, and my friend informed me that Twain kept several young girls with him at all times whom he called his "Angelfish". My affinity for strange words and word combinations caused me to immediately fall in love with the concept, and this little piece was born. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
And lastly, my roommate Tiger poses with my summer sketchbook. I decided I'll paint all sketchbook covers from now on for a personal touch since sketchbooks are pretty much my best friend. I just fell in love with the music of Neko Case: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I ordered her CD, Fox Confessor Brings the Flood, from Amazon. I can't wait til it arrives. I hope to start some painting soon. This is a lovely summer and I don't want any part of it to go to waste. I hope you're all enjoying fireworks somewhere tonight. Love, Amanda

No comments: