Saturday, August 16, 2008

summer sketching under thunder.

Last Sunday, I spent the afternoon sketching with Kate and our friend Liz (of glovebox) at the Rose Kennedy Greenway in Boston's North End. Most of the time we were there, the sky was growing dark and thunder clouds were rolling in. It's fun when the rain takes its time and you can stay under a charcoal gray sky for quite some time. This greenway has many fountains sprouting up from the ground, which I immediately got soaked by and then layed happily in the grass before beginning any drawing. We collaborated on several sketchbook pages and then we all played in the fountains right before the rain came. Kate and I then met up wtih Jackie for a very nice lunch at Cambridge Commons. I miss the city.

4 comments:

Bianca Mezadri said...

Hello, I am Brazilian and I live in Brazil, you are an artist?

His drawings are very nice and legal, congratulations!

From that part of the world are you?

Bye

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

Hello!
Yes, I am an artist. Are you? I live up in New England in the United States. What part of Brazil are you from? Thank you for the compliments. :)

Shauna said...

oh it looks like you guys had a blast! I miss Boston so much!
AND
I LOVE your heading! That needs to be the cover of your book with all your short stories in them!

I finally got around to posting some stuff, and i hope to make a Boston trip really really soon!

Kate said...

that was a magical day!