Saturday, May 14, 2011

fly me to the moon and let me play among the stars.

Hi, everyone!! How have you all been?!
I am back from my trip. There's so much to share that it's overwhelming, so I thought I'd start with plane rides, seeing as I took 5 of them over the course of two weeks (and prior to them I had an enormous fear of flying). I hadn't flown in such a long time, and forgot how insanely beautiful and sort of magical it is to be that high up in the air. I took so many photos through the plane window.
NYC to London:
 (the last nighttime glimpses of new york city after takeoff)
London to Madrid:
patchwork Spain
Madrid to Paris:
the earliest morning flight. we watched the sunrise from the plane window.
I had aisle seats on my last two flights (paris to iceland, iceland to boston), so no pictures from those. It seems that flying itself has cured my fear of flying. I never imagined that would happen. 
What have you all been up to? I have some blog catching up to do.
I hope you've all had a lovely start to May!
xoxo
Amanda
p.s. - shop is officially re-opened!

3 comments:

A said...

Gorgeous! Glad your trip went so well.

Best Wishes,
Amanda

A Painted Journey said...

LOVE seeing those photos! It is just sooo beautiful up in the clouds. I loved the sunrise photos..l absolutely magical!
Love, Mummy

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

Thank you, Amanda and Mom!! xo