Monday, November 28, 2011

red, white, and teal

"Beauty as Duty" exhibit
airplane lace!
Linde Family Contemporary Wing
public family tree!
children's art by the cafe
My dear friend/amazing illustrator Julia and I spent an amazing Sunday at the MFA a couple of weeks ago, and I just got around to uploading the photos. Julia is kind of like my art-soul-friend. We have oddly specific things in common; things that make her my perfect museum buddy!
We spent a full 5 hours wandering through the museum. The MFA has so much going on right now! In addition to Beauty as Duty (the whole reason we went in the first place), they have a Degas exhibit, a romantic Greek statue exhibit named Aphrodite and the Gods of Love, and, probably our favorite accidental find, the new Linde Family Contemporary Wing, which was full of amazing mid-century art. 
On this particular Sunday, they also had a dance troop of girls doing century-old Greek dances in traditional costumes in one of the halls of Renaissance paintings. So beautiful!
I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend! 
xoxo, Amanda

2 comments:

Ivy Black said...

Perfect Sunday indeed! Lovely photos.xxx

A Painted Journey said...

Oh my gosh - your photos are STUNNING!!! It looks like you and Julia had THE best day! Thanks so much for sharing it!... Love, Mummy