Sunday, January 22, 2012

sunday afternoons

I am officially prepared for Valentine's Day!
 Maybe it's silly, but I love this holiday.
valentines by Rifle Paper Co., Paper Source, and Laughing Elephant.
I spent a little time in Harvard Square today, particularly in the green house..
..and Anthropologie, where I stumbled upon Julia's illustration work in "I Had a Favorite Dress." I love when I see Julia's books among all the others and get to think, "my friend made that!"
Over my past few years in the city, wandering Anthropologie (where it is rare that I can buy something) has always made me feel like Holly Golightly at Tiffany's. 
"The only thing that does any good is to jump in a cab and go to Tiffany's. Calms me down right away. The quietness and the proud look of it; nothing very bad could happen to you there. If I could find a real-life place that made me feel like Tiffany's, then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name!"

1 comment:

A Painted Journey said...

My city mouse... You make so much of living in the Boston and Cambridge area. I love love love seeing the city through your eyes! Love the Valentine's - yes, it was always a favorite of yours! And Julia's art is so inviting! I love that book cover!!! I'd so have bought that to read to you and Court when you were little!! Love you! ... Mommy