Saturday, June 2, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom

Today Kate and I saw Moonrise Kingdom. I found it to be breathtaking upon the opening scene, in which you get an incredible tour of the Bishop household. I found the whole thing to be aesthetically exhilarating and emotionally enthralling. I think it's my favorite Wes Anderson film so far (not surprising since it's set in 1965 New England). Every little detail was perfect. There were certain scenes that went by too quickly, without enough time to take in all the clothing, hairstyles, colors, and props presented. The soundtrack was incredible, too.
So this is my humble rave review, for whatever that is worth. 
I hope you're all having a beautiful weekend!! What are you up to?
xoxo, Amanda

1 comment:

Kitty said...

Oh my goodness...I can't wait to see this movie. I keep hoping that it will come to our theater. I know I am going to love love love it. Especially if you liked it. We have big plans to watch a bunch of Wes movies this week to wet our whistles.
I am so happy you were able to see it and and that you loved it so.
love and hugs,
Kitty