Wednesday, September 26, 2012

the tiger and the cardinal

"The tiger and the cardinal (notes on courage and patience)"
acrylic on masonite, 11x14"
This is a painting I have wanted to do for a very long time. It's a tribute to my Nana and Grampa, whose names were Claire and Jack. My Nana's favorite bird was the Cardinal, and my Grampa's favorite animal was the Tiger. Their love for these creatures, to me, always embodied their spirits, personalities, and virtues perfectly and said so much about them. 
My Grampa and Nana, who shared the quality of incredible kindness, both had lovely traits that I aspire to every day.
I am going to have a hard time parting with this one. A framed print for my room is probably in order. :)
xo, Amanda

1 comment:

Ivy Black said...

Beautiful. What a gorgeous tribute.xx