Wednesday, October 3, 2007

I've hit a lovely brick wall.

I'm fully immersed in my homework lately. I apologize for the lack of posts. I'm feeling a little stifled creatively. We have senior studio, in which we have the freedom to make whatever we want. An entire semester of freedom is actually a little overwhelming, especially when all my peers are having this freedom at the same time. There's some sort of strange energy about it, and a mass confusion. What's strange is I never have problems making "my own" things on my own time. Throw that mentality into a class and it makes me slightly crazy. All this uncertainty could be due in part to changes in my life. As you may or may not know, we had to put our dog O'Malley to sleep less than two weeks ago. He's been my best friend for the past almost 8 years. We got him at age 7 from a shelter in Sterling. I miss him so much. I've been at school since the weekend we put him down. I have a feeling it will hit my hard when I return back home for the long weekend, with no school to distract me from his empty bed in my room. I trample back and forth between my different creative outlets, but perhaps I need a break from all of them altogether. We shall see. It will be good to go home for several days, go to Evans Farm with the family, see my sister, sleep with my cat. Watch TV for once. A break from art and writing, or at least an attempt at a break. I will most likely have to do SOME work while I'm home. I put a picture of O'Malley in my Mona Lisa locket. I can't stop looking at his pictures. He was such a good boy. <3

No comments: