Wednesday, June 9, 2010

the creative mind and how it effects our sense of self

I woke up feeling a little down about my work this morning. I felt compelled to look at Elizabeth Gilbert's web site because I couldn't remember if she actually looked at all like Julia Roberts or not (answer: kind of, I can see why they chose Julia), and by a stroke of grace I found this talk Elizabeth gave at a conference.
It made me feel so much better. The part about the poet whose poems just flew into her head so fast that she had to race to paper hit home for me and poetry (maybe that's how it is for anyone who writes poems? Kat, you should ask Dan :). Anyway, I love this talk so much and I hope that it makes some of you feel better or perpetuates the good way you are already feeling.
Happy Wednesday!
Love,
Amanda

4 comments:

Sher said...

Oh, I'm glad you're feeling better already, Amanda:)

I think it's the same way with song writing, you get a melody in your head and you have to record it all down before you forget it.

Have a beautiful day, dear!

xx

Anonymous said...

this was great! i loved the bit about tom waits, im completely in love with him and his music :)

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing this, Amanda. it was so good, i just had to watch it 2x.

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

I'm glad you guys liked the video - I thought it was so helpful/inspiring and knew I had to share it!