Sunday, August 21, 2011

Europe: picnic at Versailles

I never got around to doing nearly as many Europe posts as I intended! I'm going to try to do more, showing things in bits and pieces. On Nicole's last day in Paris we took the train out to Versailles, where Marie Antoinette once lived. We had a picnic in her backyard.
(photo by nicole)
(photo by nicole)
(photo by nicole)
It seemed we got there at the perfect time. The tours were just ending when we arrived, and only a few other people were wandering the grounds out back. I'm wishing I could be back there right now.
xo, Amanda

3 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

I love your floral dress! So pretty.
-Andi x

cArLa said...

i love versailles. i hope to have a picnik there one day (last time i was there it was filled with tourists). your dress is lovely, perfect for relaxing in marie antoinette's back yard :)

A Painted Journey said...

I'd like to be there with you, too!! Those are gorgeous photos honey, and you look so beautiful. What memories!... Love, Mummy