Monday, October 3, 2011

Cabinet of Curiosities

A couple of weeks ago, I saw Albertus Seba's Cabinet of Natural Curiosities at the Booksmith and needed a good reason to justify buying it. So, I planned a lesson around it for my class!
I coffee stained enough paper for two sheets each,
collected some 'specimens' they could draw from,
and brought in the book for them to look at. We folded all the paper in half and after they did some illustrations, I bound their drawings into individual little books with twine.
(these bats are my favorite!!!!)
It was so much fun! 

3 comments:

A Painted Journey said...

Oh my gosh - those are soooo cute!!! I hope you'll be able to show more of them in a future post. I love yours, and the old fashioned look of your first few photos. Those kiddos are so lucky to have you as a teacher!! ... Love, Mummy

Sher said...

these are adorable indeed! i wish i was lucky enough to have a teacher like you when i was young:)

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

awwww, thank you, Sher!!!!! I try so hard to do projects I wish I could have done.