Thursday, April 19, 2012

Venezia, the water playground

Venice is completely magical.
Out of everywhere I have been in my life, it most revived in me that feeling you get when you're little, when you're completely immersed in a game of make believe so intense that it is real to you, and you are outside by yourself and you are free to just play.
The streets are made of water in the most beautiful color I have ever seen.
I only got to spend two days there, but I'm so glad I did! 
I'm off to explore the mountain towns today. I fly back home this weekend. See you then!
xo, Amanda

2 comments:

Kate said...

Your words and pictures are so beautiful! I am equal parts jealous and elated that you got to escape to Venice for a few days! Can't wait to see the sketches.

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

awwww, shthanks, Kate!!! I have swiss chocolate for you. <3