Friday, April 24, 2009

Antiques and ITunes

Hey everybody!
Jerry Fish and the Mudbug Club's new album "The Beautiful Untrue" can officially be bought on ITunes as of today!! Yay!
Today my  mom and I went to Fairground Antiques in Keene, New Hampshire. I love that place so much. There's very little junk and very many beautiful and well-priced things. I wanted this painting so much. I try to make outfits that look like summer nights (fireflies, dark yet bright blue skies, grass that glows in the moonlight) and this painting is everything I love about all of that.
Ducks!
Pretty bird tea set.
I also wanted this ship brooch. :)
A seriously carved dinosaur.
I love rubber toys! Especially when they're dogs!
floral turtle.
awww, someone's cats. <3
bottle candy
plastic animals that sit on your straw!
a lovingly handmade pooh bear.
I liked this fan.
secrets.
We had this exact cow when I was little! I called him Bossy and I think he was supposed to be a decoration but I played with him all the time.
Toy camera. It makes me sad to think of what "pictures" were taken with this that cease to exist because it is just a toy. I'm in favor of kids having real cameras.
---
Happy girl.
I got this dress at Viviana's Vintage in Clinton, MA the other day! It has six buttons (two rows of three) going up the waist. I love it.
I hope you all have an awesome weekend! More art to come soon.
Love,
Amanda

2 comments:

rachel_jackson said...

i love all your pictures. my little sister had a fake camera when she was a child, she would take it everywhere taking "pictures." It went so far as to have different "lenses"- they were different colors and one was a kaliedescope effect.
and now shes a filmmaker. strange

SleightGirl said...

I love the train!