Monday, August 17, 2009

Dr. Sketchy's

Here are a few of the drawings I did at Dr. Sketchy's back in June:
For those of you who don't know, Dr. Sketchy's happens at various Boston bars throughout the month. They bring in different types of models (usually burlesque) for artist drawing sessions. It was really fun and our model was great! They do little contests throughout the session, and ours was to make a propaganda poster from a 10 or 15 minute sketch while the model was wearing an old army uniform. I went with Kate and Shauna, and a lot of other old friends from AIB met us there. I hope to go more in the fall.
I hope you all had a nice weekend and are having a nice start to your week!
Oh, p.s. - I took this video of the baby skunks last night - they were pressed together with their tails in each others faces while they were eating peanuts, and just kept moving around like that, getting annoyed with each other for being so close but never moving!

2 comments:

Madi. said...

I love that propaganda poster haha. Very funny and creative :)

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

thanks, madison! :)