Saturday, December 4, 2010

birthday in black and white

Last night I celebrated my birthday with my friends, and it was an all-around beautiful night.
Everyone dressed up and we went to a tapas restaurant that I love. It's very small and discreet from the outside, and when you open the doors you feel like you've stepped into a Casablanca-esque time and place.
The waiters gave me a candle in a large brass frog candlestick and showered us in bubbles from a plastic hippo. It's the only time I've ever wanted a wait staff to sing me happy birthday!
I love everyone who came, and I think this was one of my favorite birthdays. :)
xoxo
Amanda

5 comments:

rachel_jackson said...

It was really such a great time!! thank you!!

A said...

a belated Happy Birthday!

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

Rachel, I'm so glad you were there!
Amanda, thank you! :)

A Painted Journey said...

Oh, honey, it looks like you all had THE best evening! You looked so glam in your vintage dress, and everyone looked so beautiful in the photos! Love you!!! ... Mummy

lindsey said...

tapas, a gorgeous vintage dress, and smiles all around - love this!

xo