Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Whatever you are, be a good one.

Lately I've been thinking about really nice pants or, as my Nana called them, "slacks." I think Katherine Hepburn probably did them best. I always picture them in a dark camel-beige color. They remind me of writers and the 40s and women looking elegant and, most of all, my Nana. 
My mom always tells me how much I remind her of her mother in demeanor, temperance, etc. and I always really love hearing that. It makes me feel close to her even though she isn't around anymore. I think I inherited a lot of my Nana's taste in fashion as well, and I love wearing things that I think she'd like or remind me of something she used to wear.
I think I found the perfect pair of "slacks" today. They're high waisted and have a front pleat. They are a deep warm beige (something my Nana would call "rich") and I really love them.
I hope you are all having a wonderful week! So many things are in the works. I'm also going to be adding the leftover framed originals from my last solo show to my etsy shop this week, and will make a note here when I do so. 
Have a beautiful wednesday!
xoxo
Amanda

1 comment:

Ivy Black said...

Lovely post, Amanda. I know what you mean about clothes and style and a link to people close to us. I feel the same about my late grandmother who had a huge impact of me and how my tastes developed. I buy vintage things now and I can still hear he give her opinion!
xx