Monday, June 13, 2011

europe sketchbook

corner of rue de l'epron and rue saint-andre des arts
Feeling inspired by "Canciones para Despues de una Guerra (songs for after a war)," a film by Basilio Martin Patino (a beautiful compilation of footage from 1940s Spain). More came from this which I'll share tomorrow. :)
 The view out my bedroom window in Paris (unfinished)
 on rue de seine, the street of my hotel
 view from bedroom window, looking left
So here are some of my sketchbook pages from Europe!
Most of my drawing was done in Paris since that was my first real alone time. I actually ended up writing much, much more than drawing. I'm happy about that, though I wish I had found more time to draw the Paris rooftops. So beautiful..
xoxo, Amanda

9 comments:

Ivy Black said...

How exciting! What a wonderful insight....love it.xxx

Kate said...

LOVE.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I want to step into your illustrations!

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

Thank you, guys!! :)

diane said...

oh my goodness, i love this post.

to peek into your sketchbook in europe is such a delight!

you continually amaze me.

xo

Claire said...

feel like i've just been on a eurostar mini-break - thank you :)

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

Aw, thank you, Diane and Claire! <3
eurostar mini breaks!! Yay!

valerie arruda said...

oh jeez, these are SO fantastic.

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

thanks, ValPal :)