Sunday, June 26, 2011

tennessee williams

reading:
 &
I read a long time ago that summer is the time to be 13 again and have never forgotten it.  I read less serious books and feel brave enough to do things I wouldn't normally do. 
Isn't it funny how one line can really change the way you think about something for the rest of your life?
Hector is a good book to be reading right now, as I deeply attach my reading material to the space of time in which I read it. I write in the margins and date the pages. I know that when I pick Hector up years from now, it's going to fit perfectly with this summer.
Wuthering Heights was one of my Nana's favorite books and I've been meaning to read it for ages.
xo, Amanda

3 comments:

www.juliadenos.com said...

A lovely little slice of Amanda-summer! :)

Kitty said...

Wuthering Heights is my favorite book. I love that you are reading it. When I was in high school I would watch Wuthering Heights with my Daddy in his office. Also, one night I was on a date with my high school boyfriend (he's now a make up artist / jewelry artisian / hula hooper / drag queen preformer and I love that about him) and we went to Grandma's Cottage (a coffee place that we liked in our hometown). We sat on cushy couches and played scrabble while drinking hot cocoa and watching Wuthering Heights. It was a magical evening. I think I need to recreate it with my Daniel.

hugs,
Fritzi

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

awwwww, I love that, Kat. :)