Saturday, June 4, 2011

Madrid, day one

Spain has a special place in my heart now that I have been there. Out of the three countries we went to, it's the only one I took on with no expectations. There were no landmarks I felt obligated to see. I went into it openly without any pressure to do or see anything specific, and that freedom made room for the most beautiful discoveries.
On our first night, the batteries in my camera died and I had to rely on my phone camera. I kind of liked the limitation - it changed the way I took pictures. So here are some of the images from our first day and night in Madrid!
Our time in Madrid consisted of a lot of walking (it's the best walking city, much like Boston) and a lot of eating (we'd pretty much stop once every couple of hours and eat/drink somewhere..the food in Spain is cheap and SO good), a few museums, a botanical garden, a hostel, an apartment, a few insanely beautiful churches, one rainy afternoon, a soccer tournament, lots of colors, and just perfect, small moments.
I hope you're all having a lovely weekend!
xo, Amanda

No comments: