Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bringing on the Wild Birds

This is my piece for the Glovebox Junko Revival show. It's a book I got at Blueberry Hill Antiques in CT: "Wild Bird Guests: How to Entertain Them" by Ernest Harold Baynes. It was published in 1915 and the writing definitely shows its age.
All I've done so far is paint the cover. I think I'll add ribbons so it can be tied shut.
The book is filled with lots of neat pictures like this one! 
Some happy cat feet. I think the way cats back legs go up in the air or to the side like little sticks is so funny. I love Tiger's feet and their little pink pads. 
Tomorrow I teach my first class! I'm really excited and a little nervous. I think it will be really fun.
I hope you all have an excellent Monday! I'll be back soon.
love, me

3 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

Just stumbled on your blog via Strawberry Koi. Your art work is WONDERFUL!

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

thank you!!!!

Kirsty said...

Your paintings are amazing! :D
And your cat is soooooooo cute! :)

Love Kirsty .x.