Tuesday, July 21, 2009

three films

Movies I'm excited to see:
Julie & Julia
I've always been interested in Julia Child's life in Paris, and what I've heard about how she and her husband met. I also love Amy Adams, and pretty much every movie she's in.
The Time Traveler's Wife
This is one of my favorite books of all time, so I was beyond ecstatic when I found out they were making a movie out of it!! Eric Bana looks exactly how I had pictured Henry when reading the book, which has never happened before. Usually the actors who play characters from books I've read look nothing like how I'd pictured them. This story is so romantic and fictionally scientific and enthralling. It's wonderful.
Where the Wild Things Are
I remember my mom reading this book to us so many times when we were little. The preview made me tear up - the way Spike Jonze filmed this seems to have added so much more emotion to the story than I ever noticed when I was little, but I'm sure it was lying there beneath the words and the pictures. Or perhaps it's the way Spike himself interpreted the book as a child. I know that I often find certain things to be really touching and emotional and no one else seems to see them that way. I think we all have things that hit us that way that no one else understands.
I'm glad that two out of three of these movies are coming out in August and I can see them with my mom before I move in September! She's my favorite person to go to the movies with.
I hope you're all having a nice Tuesday.
love, me

2 comments:

Kirsty said...

These films all look fantastic! I especially think 'The Time Travellers Wife' looks wonderful! :)

I know how you feel about certain books bringing back memories. When I was little my mum always used to read me this book called 'Can't you sleep little bear?' I used to love it. Recently when I was at a work placement in a school, they read this book to the children and I felt like I was a little kid again! :)

Lovely post,

Love Kirsty .x.

Donna said...

Awwww... I feel the same way... I cannot wait to see the films you've mentioned! Can't beat a good movie and buttered popcorn in my book!... Love, Mumsy