Sunday, September 26, 2010

and it was in the lagoon that Peter found the mermaids.

So MICE has come and gone, and it was an incredible day. I got to meet and talk to so many interesting people, many of them other artists.
I resisted the temptation to buy, but I had to make an exception for this beautiful graphic novel by Line O. Titled "Dog Sea Son," it contains three illustrated poems by the artist. "My Mother is a Fish" is my favorite.
Line O is so sweet in person; she did a drawing on the spot for anyone who bought her book.
I will post pictures of the actual day itself soon!
I got there at 8 am, the earliest we were allowed to start setting up. I am a craft fair baby through and through. My mom used to do several in the fall before the holidays started. They are as autumnal to me as back-to-school and have the same exciting feeling. I used to love getting up early to pack up the car, and, once at the show, walking around and talking to all the different exhibitors. Yesterday felt just like that.
I hope you all had a beautiful weekend!
Love,
Amanda
(above artwork copyright Line O)

No comments: