Thursday, November 4, 2010

like candy in a mason jar

I got really excited when I discovered on Bang Back this afternoon that Penguin is going to be releasing 100 of its beautiful book covers as a package of postcards!
I have always loved the graphic imagery and beautiful colors of Penguin paperback covers. They're so simple, but have this quality about them that makes them so fun to purchase. 
Writebloody Publishing, to me, has always had the same feel when it comes to their paperback poetry books. That's why I was so beyond excited when they asked to use my tattooed lady on the cover of Karen Finneyfrock's first book to be released through them. 

All of their covers have the vintage appeal of old Penguins. Swoon.

There is just something about a paperback book that makes it feel so good to hold one in your hands. It's the same something that draws me to masonite as opposed to canvas or thicker woods - I just love the way it feels to hold it. I can't really explain it, but I like that it's there. 
It's rainy and cold here and I have the day off from work. I'm trying to straighten things up but I think I'm going to begin the first steps of a project (one I have begun and re-begun a few times in the past) that I finally feel ready to take on. 
I hope you all have a beautiful day!
xoxo
Amanda

No comments: