Monday, November 24, 2008

It's lovely; I'll take it!

  Me and my mom laugh so much at this blog. It's all ridiculous and often disturbing photo- graphs (such as the one up top) found on real estate house listing sites (why is the monkey baby wearing a sweater while the human infant is naked? Also, what a strange combination of creatures...Also, just why?). At the moment I can't think of the most hilarious ones I've come across on it, but I know that there's a lovely chair massacre happening in one of the recent posts. It's also worth looking through the archives.
 I tried to scan a drawing today, but it didn't take well to the scanner! It was orange-ish ink on orange paper (done at a pre-thanksgiving party where hand turkeys were being made - that's mine at the top right, click to see him big!), and it just wasn't showing up on the screen. I feel bad that I haven't posted art in so long. My studio table is being set up TOMORROW and I'm so excited and can't wait to paint again. I have so many ideas and I want to unleash them!
     The other night, I dreamt that I turned on a faucet coming out of the wall of our family room, filled it with about four feet of water, and swam. While I was swimming, I was looking at our hardwood floors and how they looked beneath the water. I also dreamt I was swimming in a lake that night. Lots of dreams about water and swimming. Hmmm.  
  I am still in my love affair with The Time Traveler's Wife. I don't want it to be over! You know when you love a book so much, you just don't want it to end? But then you always find another book to love just as much and the wonderful cycle of great books continues. I want to read as many things as I can.
That is all for tonight! Sweet dreams.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Your hand-turkey is soooo you!

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

hahaha! yayy

Jessica said...

oh my god i cannot stop looking at this blog.. completely fascinating

Jessica said...

umm.. i meant the house one, for its quirkiness.. hahaha *hides* but yours is cool too of course!

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

hahaha, Jess, I didn't know it was you (lapatta) until I clicked your profile, and I was so confused! hahaha. Yeah, that blog is hysterical. The insanely funny ones are all in the archives. So good. haha