Friday, November 7, 2008

picture update

Today, I met Tomie dePaola, the famous author and illustrator of children's literature! When Court and I were little, my mom always read us his books. I wrote him a letter when I was 6 and he sent me back an autographed picture of himself and some other things. It was very exciting, and he was so nice in person.
Pages from Tomie's new book, "Strega Nona! A Heartwarming Pop-Up Book".
"I learn the secrets of nature."
And yesterday, I met Jamie's snake Horatio. Jamie told me to just feed him through my hands and that it's supposed to be very zen-like. He just wants to move constantly, so you do provide him with means of travel just by entertaining him with the movements of your hands. I loved him.
And, Kate and I hung my show at Mr. Crepe's in Davis Square! 
The Crepes at this place are great, so if you're in the neighborhood you should stop by!
Love,
Amanda
p.s. - I'm starting to read "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger. It's about a librarian who finds himself traveling through time, and the artist he falls in love with. They somehow keep finding each other between decades and lapses of time. I think it will be beautiful.

No comments: