Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In all things of nature there is something of the marvelous. - Aristotle

Dream bag: Swan Clutch by Red Ruby Rose on Etsy. Just looking at the picture of it takes my breath away! Maybe someday.
Let's see, what is new lately? I'm sorry I haven't been posting much art. I have 3 paintings in process. I really should learn to finish one before skipping around to another, but I think that's just how my brain works and I'm okay with that. A few weeks ago I got some amazing vintage frames at Fairground Antiques up in Keene and a couple of these paintings are made to fill them.
I've been subbing at the kindergarten a lot lately and loving it. All the classrooms have been raising caterpillars to chrysalises and then to butterflies in butterfly houses, and I got to release the grown butterflies with the kids last week. It was so neat to see how excited they all were about finally seeing them fly away! They cared about them so much. It was adorable. 
I've gotten some small vintage things recently that are pretty neat. I'll probably show you them tomorrow.
I hope you're all having a great week! It's unseasonably cold here today.
Love,
Amanda

No comments: