Friday, March 12, 2010

born in black and white

Tonight at work, I found a Lauren Bacall autobiography, and fell in love with some of the pictures inside.
With her first dog, Floppy. I love the framed picture of she and Humphrey in the background!
Family Christmas! I love vintage Christmas trees covered in tinsel.
I've never known much about Lauren Bacall, and I'd like to know more. I might read the biography if I have time! There are so many other books I have on my t0-read list right now.
I hope you all have a lovely weekend!
Love,
Amanda

4 comments:

Andi B. Goode said...

I don't know a lot about her, either, except that she's amazing and ridiculously beautiful.
-Andi x

Unknown said...

Hello, Amanda.

Came across yur webpage as I was looking for the site for the Bunky Walton Fund (don't think they have one).

Did you see Lauren Bacall at the Academy Awards last Sunday night? She looks great at...close to 90??

Best to you; beautiful work. If you need a show, I have a friend with an art gallery in Concord, and the church I work at(UU) in Northborough has revolving exhibits.

-Jem Mix in Bolton

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

Andi, I agree! :)

Jem Mix,
thanks so much! what gallery does your friend own? I am looking to do another solo show :). I id not see Lauren the other night, but I think she does look amazing for her age! It's sad that Bunky has no site. If you need their address, just let me know!
-Amanda

Unknown said...

My friend's gallery is called Albright Art + Craft, and unfortunately the website is down at the moment. Not sure how she determines what goes up.

All set with Bunky's address, thanks.

Will let you know when Albright website is up again.

-Jem