Monday, March 8, 2010

red plaid and blue floral (mobius drawings part 1)

Some sketches from drawing the performance artists at Mobius two weeks ago! I worked on the lady above between performers.
The first performer was a man in red plaid who played the trombone. He made incredible noises that sounded like birds taking flight. We were encouraged to do some experimental drawing, so I'll probably show my interpretive sketches in a "part 2" post.
El Putnam, who I loved to draw.
I hope you all had a great weekend! We are having the most beautiful weather here. I hope it lasts.
Love,
Amanda

5 comments:

rachel_jackson said...

i'm happy you are posting all of these! and you've captured my messy bun perfectly haha. see you later!!

Marie said...

So lovely! The florals in the blue floral are especially captivating.
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge

Kitty said...

I love these.
hugs,
Fritzi Marie

Anonymous said...

i just had a vision (right now, as a matter of fact) of your sketches, the first one in particular, in an animated show/movie. wouldn't that be great? i love your drawings, Amanda.

Amanda Laurel Atkins said...

Thank you, everyone!!
Katrina, I love the way you're thinking. :) Maybe someday!