Sunday, September 28, 2008

the great escape of pages.

Hello everyone! I just spent a nice weekend in Cambridge, hence the blog hiatus. I'm back now! I have two paintings in progress, that will hopefully be done and ready to show soon. I did complete a project last Thursday, but I'm not sure when I will post it here. This is my bookcase, circa July 2008. It looks a little different now. My bookcase is one of my favorite places in my room. I want to call it a place rather than a thing. I once read this amazing quote from some prestigious man of the nineteenth century about how a man should be able to give reason for every book in his collection. Every book should be like an old friend. I loved that quote as soon as I read it because that's exactly how I feel. My bookcase is in constant rotation, though it's always mainly made up of the same favorites. It's mostly finding room to add new ones. In addition to books are pictures and things that just make me happy. And lately, I have definitely been trying to surround myself with things that make me happy. I feel restless and want to plan a trip. I wanted to go to London this winter, but I'm not so sure now. I know that I want to go somewhere, though, and time will tell me where.

No comments: