Tuesday, September 2, 2008

wear a bandana; be a bandit!

This is just a preview for some little things I've been working on for the charity auction! Some wearable art. Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us This one is hardly done, but I'm excited about it and wanted to give an update on the work that's in process for the show! These pieces were inspired by a printed scarf of my Nana's that I've been wearing lately. I wanted to take the modern concept of wearing a bandana around your neck (or hair or waist) and make it decorative with images and symbols that I imagine could be close to someone's heart (I know they're close to mine). Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This morning I found myself sitting on the grass of a lumber yard in a dress alongside a small river watching guppies try to swim upstream while I waited for new masonite to be cut. I felt really happy. And the woodcutters are coming to my show! :)

No comments: