Saturday, October 4, 2008

while he was riding horses...

"I wrote a novel when I was twelve."
acrylic on masonite panel
8"x8"
This is a piece I finished this afternoon. It's a little different from my usual portraits, but I can feel myself entering a transitional period. I tend to go through phases. There are many ways I express myself creatively, and then sub-divisions of those ways. I alternate between art and writing, and then within those outlets I lean towards different mediums at different times. With writing, I go between short stories, poetry, and just regular journal writing. With art, it's painting and sketch booking.
Lately, I've been missing drawing. I haven't been in a really good sketch book mindset since the summer before my senior year. That's a long time. But I think it would do me good to focus on that for a while, and get a fresh perspective on painting. 
I will have a good scan of this painting soon! I'm going apple picking and kayaking tomorrow, and I think the outdoors will do me a lot of good.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know which I love more - your art or the creative titles you choose for your pieces... I can learn so much from you...